Thursday, December 17, 2020


OBSIDIAN — (A Lux Novel-Book One) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Following my not so favorable review of Shadows, the prequel to the Lux Series, and as I mentioned in my review, I didn't care for it. Still, as I read the sneak peek of Obsidian, I liked what I saw, and I couldn't wait to get my hands on it.

Suffice it to say, if you liked Twilight, you are going to like Obsidian. Same...well, similar enough to draw comparisons. A teenage girl is moved to a small town by her parent. The hot guy next door turns out not to be just a hot guy. Oh boy, he is so much more than eye candy.

Still, there are differences. Keeping in mind this story was written for a particular age group. In my opinion, you can forgive the author for its lack of sophistication. 

I don't think the book is worth going into a lot of detail, so I'll just say I liked it, and I don't care if it has similarities to Twilight. I finished it, and not always something I do with every book I pick up. Added to that, I was encouraged enough to read the next book in the series. So it couldn't have been that bad, right?

Shelley Lee Riley - Author of Casual Lies - A Triple Crown Adventure and the debut fantasy novel - Into Madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment